Writing in Entrepreneur, Ibn Masood discusses some dilemmas of working as a team when members are remote. The challenges of remote work are generally known, but the suggestions for addressing them are specific, feasible, and likely to be helpful.
The six tactics for remote teams are:
- Set clear goals and assign tasks
- Set up recurring meetings
- Create discussion channels for specific issues
- Encourage real time communication
- Identify a method to track team progress
- Use different time zones to advantage to keep work moving
Each of these approaches is developed in more detail. The examples highlights a number of scrum strategies that work particularly well for remote teams.